If you need information about the 2016 Event – we are booked solid. Contact us here for info about future events:
Here are some things I’ve been thinking about lately as the year ends. These are my snake-related goals and ideas for the new year.
- Less handling of snakes, more photos and videos of them in their natural habitat.
- More night herping video.
- Less use of the tongs at all. I rarely use them now, but I’d like to almost eliminate their use except for high in the tree grabs of species I have yet to record.
- Create an internship of some sort. Maybe 1-week here herping and learning about Thailand’s snakes and other reptiles / amphibians.
- More detailed logging of snake and other reptile finds. I’m really interested in finding some patterns that might indicate when certain snakes are more likely to be found than others.
- Less handling of king cobras over 2 meters. Scary snakes!
- Find a juvenile king cobra in the wild.
- Check off some other species I haven’t found: Bungarus fasciatus, Boiga jaspidea, Daboia. russeli, Calliophis bivirgatus especially.
- No venomous bites.
- A successful 2016 Herping Event.
You have any goals for the new year?