This poll has closed. The results are below. How you remove a venomous snake from biting, is your choice. Ideally, you were prepared for a bite and had some mouthwash in a bottle close by. Mouthwash has been shown to stop the grip of snakes as they bite down.
If it’s a king cobra or something that can kill you within 20 minutes, you should probably jam something into its mouth to get it to release. Basically if a king cobra has you, get it off at any cost.
What is proper way to remove a deadly snake (cobra, krait, coral snake, taipan, etc.) from your finger if it won't let go?
- Squeeze behind jaw to open the jaw up (72%, 146 Votes)
- Rip it off as fast as possible (9%, 19 Votes)
- Pry the mouth open with something (7%, 15 Votes)
- Run it underwater until it lets go (7%, 14 Votes)
- Blow on it's face hard (4%, 9 Votes)
Total Voters: 203